August 12th, 2019 | Health Tips | Comments Off on What You Can Do to Help Prevent Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Here are some things you can try to prevent CTS from happening:
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Don’t smoke: It interferes with blood flow and makes CTS worse
- Keep your weight down: Obesity can slow down the speed of nerve messages to the hand and can contribute to a lack of physical activity, which can increase CTS risk
- Avoid sleeping in positions that cause your wrists to bend or curl.
- Keep your hands warm to prevent stiffness. If you work in a place that’s cold, consider wearing fingerless gloves.
- Loosen your grip and force when you’re working with your hands. Chances are when you write, you hold the pen or pencil too tight, or when you type, you push the keys hard.
- Take frequent, quick breaks from repetitive activities to rest your hands or change their position.
- Stretch your hands, fingers, and wrists often, rotating them in circles and flexing and extending your palms and fingers.
- Improve your posture and body mechanics at your work station. Pay attention to your use of the computer monitor, chair, keyboard, and mouse or other equipment and tools.
Read More about carpal tunnel syndrome
CTS can be painful and disruptive to your daily life. If you’ve been experiencing symptoms for some time, see your doctor ask about ways you can relieve the pain and pressure or you can connect physiotherapist in Edison, NJ
If at-home remedies don’t work, find out more about the other treatment methods available to you. This can include corticosteroid injections or surgery. Early diagnosis and treatment is the best way to prevent permanent nerve damage